Here we go again....
For this class, we had learned the uses of COMPUTER NETWORKS
These are the uses:
· Sharing a printer or internet connections among several users.
· Sharing application software with network license, which is cheaper installed and updated on one computer only.
· Working collaboratively, sharing database, or using collaboration tools to create and review documents.
· Exchanging files among the network users and over the internet.
· Connecting home computers and the entertainment devices (TV, gaming consoles, stereo systems) located within home.
Next we learn about NETWORK TOPOLOGY
THE PHYSICAL TOPOLOGY of a network is determined by the capabilities of the network access devices and media, the level of control or fault tolerance desired, and the cost associated with cabling or telecommunications circuits
THE LOGICAL TOPOLOGY, in contrast, is the way that the signals act on the network media, or the way that the data passes through the network from one device to the next without regard to the physical interconnection of the devices.
bus network topology
star network topology
ring network topology
fully connected mesh topology
partially connected mesh topology
tree network topology